2020 Mercy Fund Grants Feed the Hungry in NW Indiana
For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink … The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’ (Matthew 25: 35,40)
In response to the current need brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, all 2020 Mercy Fund grant monies will be awarded to support the immediate needs of the hungry within our Diocese of Gary.
The economic conditions have created immense needs to feed the hungry, as the numbers of hungry multiply and our local food pantries and meal services report huge increases in demand for services.
For the 2020 grant cycle, the committee will review all prior grant applicants and identify programs designed to feed the hungry. Following confirmation that the respective organizations are still engaging in programs to feed the hungry, each will be awarded a pro rata share of the 2020 Grant funds.
We are living in an unprecedented time. Together, with Christ by our side, we will overcome this crisis.
Mercy is strong. Mercy rises to all challenges. Mercy shall prevail.
For more information contact the Foundation at email@example.com.
“For it is in giving that we receive.”
– St. Francis of Assisi
As a faithful disciple of Christ, you are generous with your time, talents, and treasure. The Catholic Foundation of Northwest Indiana is here to help you create a philanthropic legacy that will reflect your faith and benefit your favorite Catholic church or ministry forever.
Contact Judy Holicky to learn how to start a fund:
219-769-9292 x 268
- Waiting For The New “Normal” With Prayers And Thanksgiving (5/1/2020) - We are keeping everyone in prayer during this time of “social distancing.” Bishop McClory is streaming inspiring messages and his… Continue Reading
- Welcome Bishop McClory! (5/1/2020) - Most Reverend Robert J. McClory, Bishop of Gary “My initial goals as your bishop are simple: to be an engaged… Continue Reading
- First six Mercy Fund grants score big at baseball fundraiser (9/14/2018) - GARY – The Gary SouthShore RailCats beat the Winnipeg Goldeyes 5-2 at the Bishop’s Birthday Bash on Aug. 14,… Continue Reading
- Catholic Foundation for Northwest Indiana to Host 8th Annual Red Mass (9/14/2018) - Merrillville, IN— The Catholic Foundation for Northwest Indiana is hosting its annual celebration of Red Mass on Thursday, September 20,… Continue Reading
- Bishop Hying’s Birthday Bash 2018 (5/7/2018) - August 14th is Bishop Hying’s Birthday Bash 2018 at U.S. Steel Yard, home of the Gary SouthShore RailCats. Join us… Continue Reading
- Catholic Foundation for Northwest Indiana Accepting Grant Applications (4/11/2018) - Merrillville, IN—The Catholic Foundation today announced the availability of grant funding through its Mercy Fund. Created by Bishop Donald J.… Continue Reading
- Bishop creates grant-making fund inspired by the Year of Mercy (12/15/2016) - MERRILLVILLE, November 20, 2016 – The Jubilee Year of Mercy may be officially ending today, but it has inspired a… Continue Reading
- Where There’s a Will, There’s a Way (7/6/2016) - In the early days of the Church, followers of Jesus met in public spaces or in their homes, solidifying their… Continue Reading
- Catholic Foundation Provides Scholarship Funds (5/18/2016) - A college degree is one of the most important investments you can make. College graduates earn more than their peers… Continue Reading
- Philanthropy is a Family Matter (4/24/2016) - According to many financial experts, you should be talking with your adult children about money, especially when it comes to… Continue Reading